- 6th April 2015: What a wonderful, peaceful spot with lovely views - a perfect base to relax and explore Lothian.
Park Neuk is a beautiful cottage, spacious, well equipped and spotlessly clean. Everything you could possibly need or wish for is here.
The Weather has been glorious during our visit, the spring flowers in teh garden are so lovely. The variety of bird feeders outside the sitting room window attracts so many different species of birds - it has been an unexpected delight watching them. James, our youngest son, hs so enjoyed recording all the different species of bird he has seen. Easter morning, he had the excitement of watching the elusive Woodpecker feeding on the bird feeder. Sunday evening, he spotted a male and female Siskin, (identified from thje birds handbook - another great resource provided at the cottage) - and wow - just as I'm writing this - as if he knows - the Woodpecker has made an appearance for all the family to see him. What a super way to finish an idyllic stay at Park Neuk Cottage. Thank you Kim & John!
Kate, John, Charles and James, (Sheffield).
- 1st April 2015: We always enjoy coming to Scotland, and this trip gave us the chance to explore and enjoy a slightly different area. The freezing weather of the past few days has hampered our plans to explore much on foot(!), but we've thoroughly enjoyed our trips to Rosslyn Chapel, the Butterfly Farm and lunch today at Howgate. The birds have provided an endless cabaret, and have distracted us from work with their constant consumption of industrial quantities of nuts and seeds - although the two squirrels certainly helped reduce the level of peanuts pretty efficiently! Love the cottage; warm, welcoming, very well equipped, and the most marvellous views and setting. Will happily return if circumstances allow.
KChris & Gail, (Worthing).
- 21st March 2015: This has been our first visit to Park Neuk and it has been absolutely wonderful.
Being able to observe the birds at such close quarters has been a real delight. We have seen the Great Spotted Woodpecker as well as Yelowhammer and Tree Sparrows.
Thank you so much for your hospitality and thoughtfulness in making Park Neuk a home from home.
PS Saw a Stoat run across the patio whils eating our breakfast!
Kelvin, Rosemary, Robert, Karen, (Worthing).
- 15th March 2015: Kim & Joihn, we all had a fantastic stay in your cottage. We all enjoyed watching the birds. You made us feel very welcome and thank you for greeting us at such a late time.
Mark, Gill, Amy, Leah & Lois, (Reading).
- 17th February 2015: Great, fantastic!!!
Had a great short break with the Grandchildren.
Loved watching all the different types of birds and the squirrel. Home from home, everything we could hope for and more.
Rob, Sandra, Kieran, Ashley, Isla, (Sheffield).
- 14th February 2015: Thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Park Neuk, spent a lovely couple of days in the sunshine seeing the wonderful beaches and enjoyed some rather cloudy walks in the Pentlands.
The woodpecker stopped by for a brief "Hello". We spent many hours simply watching the comings and goings in the garden. Thank you, Kim and John for a lovely place we could call home for the week. Hope to see you both shortly!
Nicola & Dan, (York).
- 14th January 2015:
| We had a great short break, thanks to John & Kim letting us share this beautiful spot. A very relaxing way to finish our holiday in Scotland! Lovely people, house full of character and a pleasure to stay here. Thanks again!. || |
Claire, Darren, Dominic & Holly (Melbourne, Australia).
- 4th January 2015: I'm writing this at the dining table over breakfast taking in my favourite view of the garden. This aspect is like a living painting. I love it! Thank you, Kim and John, for a delightful stay; it has been wonderful. Nestled in the fields, we've been able to unwind and relax - a perfect antidote to the hectic week before we came.
Thank you for making the cottage so comfortable and well provisioned, and the extra touch of Christmas decorations.
Watching the birds feed has been lovely and our daughter has delighted in watching, drawing then and refilling the feeders.
We've enjoyed trips into Edinburgh, a visit to Rosslyn Chapel, (where it snowed), and a trip to the Falkirk Wheel. We definitely want to come again. Best wishes and a happy New Year!
Leesa, Ian and Tild, (NSW Australia).
- 29th December 2014: A wonderfully cpomfortable and enjoyable stay. Park Neuk is everything we hoped it would be. Have fun trying to make use of the extensive collection of kitchen ware and take a ramble to the impressive Whitehill House! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Mullinger family, (Lancaster and Edinburgh).
- 2nd December 2014: Thank you for letting us stay at your beautiful cottage. Its location is truly spectacular. We loved making fires; everything we could possibly need was under one roof. We visited Gullane beach and collected some seashells. Went into Edinburgh to the Christmas Market, tried our best to stand up whilst ice-skating. Loved eating breakfast whilst watching the birds, the woodpecker was our personal favourite. Once again, thank you for letting us stop here. We will definitely be visiting again soon. Take care!
Charlotte & Shaun, (Derbyshire).
- 7th November 2014: I would like to thank you, Kim and John, we wanted a nice and quiet holiday. We loved it!! Everything we needed was here. The birds are very greedy and the woodpecker rules the roost on the nuts. The squirrels and rabbits paid a visit. Can't wait to come back - it was excellent. Sorry if we used too much wood. We will recommend this cottage to friends and family - grandkids will love it. Look after yourselves and once again thank you.
Lindsey & Martin, (Merseyside).
- 31st October 2014: Thank you once again for a wonderful week - superb comfy cottage with all that we needed. Had a great time out every day - highlights were Stirling Castle and St. Andrews and the fishing villages nearby.
The birds at the feeder were very greedy all week - but what a pleasure to see. God bless you, Kim and John and thank you once again!
Liz, Richard, Polly & Aydan, (Essex).
- 29th September 2014: Wir hatten eine super Woche. Wetter unschlagbar. Die folk plätze suchen ihres fleichen und den Ryder Cup behalten wir. Das Cottages ist weltklasse.
Grüsse von Andreas, Katherin, Thomas und Andrea aus Deutschland.
- 22nd September 2014: Another loveley week at Park Neuk. Such a lovely peaceful place. Weather very dull but mostly dry. Enjoyed the birds but only saw the woodpecker once & very briefly.
Visits to Deep Sea World, Falkirk Wheel, (fascinating), Cruise on the Firth of Forth - all very good. Really enjoyed Dirleton Castle near North Berwick, with a reamatic ruined castle and lovely gardens.
Ate out at the Laird and Dog, Lasswade - not bad, and Gigi, Italian Restaurant at Bonnyrigg - excellent if rather noisy.
Another lovely week. Thanks very much.
Kings, (N. Yorks & Bradford) and Leakes, (Co. Durham).
- 13th September 2014: The weather was glorious, the fields golden, and the woodpecker came every day - even stayed whilst we had breakfast. We have been blessed this week! Kindest regards,
Dawn & Graham, (Chester).
- 6th September 2014: Thank you for our time at Park Neuk. The cottage is tastefully and comprehensively appointed and you have put a lot of thought and work into catering for the needs of your visitors. The garden is enchanting and we have appreciated the seclusion, away from the madding crowd. We hope to return, but in the meantime will recommend this haven of tranquility to our trusted friends. Our stay has been a theraputic pleasure - good for the soul.
Fond Regards and All Best.
Alan & Veronica, (Victoria BC, Canada).
- 30th August 2014: My husband and three children have very much enjoyed our stay at this beautiful cottage. We loved the fireplace and the blankets, (especially the electric ones!), and especially all the beautiful birds. It's a great place to explore Edinburgh, Midlothian and the Borders - we especially enjoyed our fishing at Kailzie Gardens and our walk to Rosslyn Castle and of course, the Chapel.
So, we hope to come again some day - please don't change the Library or teh Stone Room - so lovely! The children are now twitchers - we want to come back and see the elusive woodpecker. We have been exceptionally lucky with the weather - the fields look glorious. Until next time - we hope!
Best wishes to you, John & Kim.
Thank you for showing us around and making us feel at home. I loved my stay and I really liked my bedroom. Thank you very much, I really enjoyed all the walks and the house. Love from Clover, (9).
Thank you very much for making us feel at home, I really appreciate it. My bedroom was lovely and welcoming. I've really enjoyed my stay at Park Neuk. Mâdeleine xxx (11) Thanks again!
Bethan, Gavin, Maddie, Clover and Robin, (Shropshire).
- 23rd August 2014: The warm welcome and "Home away from home" that you provide here at Park Neuk far exceeded our expectations! We greatly enjoyed the gardens and birds as well as the tranquil setting. Thank you for making Park Neuk a place we will always remember!
Scott, Ruh, Tom & Nancy, (Florida, USA).
- 14th August 2014: Dear Kim & John, Thank you for your warm welcome to this beautiful home in a peaceful setting. It has been good to get away for a few days from our home in Warwickshire and S. Wales. It has been our first visit to Scotland and our trips to Edinburgh have been informative and enjoyable despite having to fight our way through the "Fringe" crowds! We have appreciated hte peace and tranqquility that Park Neuk affords, the lovely garden and the picture window with its view of feeding birds. Everything that we could need has been provided and your extensive library has been a particular delight. Although we live so far from Scotland, it would be nnice to think that we may return some day.
Every good wish to you both.
Margaret, George, Stephen, Emma and John, (Warwickshire).
- 9th August 2014: A lovely cottage, excellent facilities and wonderful area. Weather was great too! All in all a great holiday venue
Hickman family, (Surrey).
- 26th July 2014: Thank you for a lovely stay at Park Neuk, the cottage is amazing and it is surrounded by beautiful fields. The bird feeders collect loads of birds which is incredible to see up close, it is also really close to Edinburgh which is very handy for going on trips. THe garden is wonderful, it has so much to discover and we love the flowers and trees; we also met a few people that were walking past the house who were walking dogs or riding horses. I'm sure people will enjoy their stay here if you come here.
Nuala, Kevin, Ellen, James, Michael, (Belfast, Northern Ireland).
- 19th July 2014: Cinq jours, merveilleux ! Calme et repos étaient au rendez-vous. Accueil vraiment charmant. Beaucoup de choses a faire : Edimbourg, Rosslyn chapelle, plages de Yellowcraig et les oiseaux ! Merci pour tout. A bientôt.
Stéphanie, Stéphane, Guivan, Yorick, Judicaelle, (Bourgogne, France).
- 14th July 2014: Such a wonderful cottage with everything you could wish for supplied. So child-friendly with lots to entertain the little ones - and the excitement of the toasty beds!! A great base for local walks and lots to do nearby: the Museum of Scotland, the Camera Obscura; teh Zoo and Rosslyn Chapel were our favourites. We could have spent all our time in this lovely cottage and garden, it is so wonderful!
Fiona, Ken, Eoghan (9), Oisin (8), Aoife (6), Roise (4) & Cillian (2) (Donegal, Eire).
- 5th July 2014: A splendid base for visiting everywhere in Edinburgh and the Borders.
We recommend: Britannia, (free parking as well); Scottish Garden Scheme; Dawyck Gardens; Traquair House; Dumfries House; and a large number of fairly local walled gardens.
Tim & Cilla (Woking, Surrey).
- 15th June 2014: Beautiful cottage and beautiful setting. Very well equipped and comfortable. The wildlife was lovely, particularly the baby rabbits. :)
Went into Edinburgh twice, by bus. The Castle was excellent. Drove around the coast, stopping at different beaches along the way. Beautiful!
All in all we have had a wonderful honeymoon and would love to come back one day.
Sian & Mark (Bedford).
- 8th June 2014: Another lovely short break here at Park Neuk. This iss our first "Summer" break here and the garden is just lovely. Thoroughly enjoyed a hot and sunny walk around Linlithgow Loch and the Festival at the Meadows. Thank you Kim & John.
P.S. Managed to get a photograph of the woodpecker on the feeder at last!
Ian, Diane, Peter & Andrew (Aberdeen).
- 3rd June 2014: Had a lovely few days. Weather behaved so that was a bonus! Will hopefully be back.
- 31 May 2014: At a perfect Park Neuk visiting:-
Interesting Rosslyn Chapel;
Amazing Falkirk Wheel;
Beautiful Gullane beach;
Loch Fyne was fine;
Elephantine Coffee House;
A Childish Museum;
A Ponderous Parliament;
An ever-inviting North Berwick;
A short busy enjoyable week. Thanks, lots of loove and have a good year!
Julian, Shelley & Olivia (Heather, Derbyshire).
- 6 May 2014: Thank you for a lovely stay in your cottage!
Meyer family (Waldbröl, Germany).
- 30 April 2014: We enjoyed our stay here, the warm welcome, the beautiful gardenwith all the birds. Our three-year-old loved watching and feeding them, playing in the garden and in the cottage with all the toys provided. He kept finding new toys during the first days! We loved the surroundings as well as the visits to Edinburgh, Bo'ness, (the lovely old train museum and the steam train trip), North Berwick, (including watching the puffins at the Sea Bird Centre), Peebles, North Queensferry, (to see the bridges).
We came to visit my brother in Edinburgh and since he will be here for a couple of years, we'll surely return to Park Neuk if we have the chance. Thank you for a lovely introduction to Scotland.
Martin, Nieuke, Sebas, (Netherlands).
- 21 April 2014: Many thanks for the warm welcome! The cup of tea after that long drive was much appreciated. Used the cottage as a base while visiting family in Edinburgh. It was perfect to come back to after days out and about. So comfortable that it immediately became a home from home. Definitely a place to come back to.
Alex, Vicky, Connor & Nana, (West Yorks).
- 5 April 2014: Our 3rd stay in this cosy, lovely and comfortable cottage. The weather was not too bad for the season. We visited and walked in the area. The breakfast with the birds is magic (you can't do that in the cities :-)). We appreciated also the open fire in the evening, with music and a good book. It's a place to recommend to friends! We will come back.
Phillipe, Yves, Willy, Véronique, (Belgium).
- 22 March 2014: What a wonderful cottage. You have truly thought of everything to make our stay warm and welcoming. Lola, (15 months) has loved playing with all the trains, bear and mole, and she has become a great bird watcher! She gets very excited to be having her breakfast witht eh birds! We really appreciated you meeting us with tea and biscuits after our long drive and taking the time to show us around. Your selection of books is fantastic and the garden is so beautiful, we can't wait to come back again!
Carla, Andrew and Lola, (Dorset).
- 8 February 2014: Thank you very much for a lovely holiday in your very lovely cottage. We loved it. We want to give a special thanks to Mr John & Mrs Kim. It is such a lovely location, just 20 min from Edinburgh centre. Cottage is noce, lovely, neat and tidy. We all will definitely recommend it to others to come and stay.
Faisal, Rashel, Moni, Arshad & Subho, (from Bangladesh).
- 2 February 2014: Another holiday draws to a close at the fabulous, cosy Park Neuk. Again we have been entertained by the squirrels and birds. We have yet to open a drawer and not find what we were looking for. It is a lovely place to invite family and friends to, to return their hospitality. Thank you Kim and John.
Pete, Fiona, Lindsay & Aiden, (Brisbane, Australia).
- 21 January 2014: Thank you Kim and John. We've had a fantastic time at Park neuk! Fabulous location and the most welcoming and comfortable accommodation we've experienced since home. I will be recommending Park Neuk to fellow travellers! I would love to return in spring or summer.
Heidi, Vlada, Elise & Stephanie, (Australia).
- 4 December 2013: only a short break but what a break we had. Just FANTASTIC in every way - cottage, weather, location, scenery - absolute bliss. We will be back next year!
Darn & Graham (Chester).
- 30 November 2013: Many thanks for a great holiday at Park Neuk. The facilities in the cottage were excellent and we have enjoyed visiting the surrounding areas. We would definitely recommend to others.
Ian, Esther, Eleanor and Nathan (Whitley Bay).
- 22 November 2013: Great time had at Park Neuk Cottage. Great location to Edinburgh without having to suffer the noise and limited parking.
Our party consisted of a 4-year-old, so we would recommend East Links Family Park, (Dunbar). Child and husband kept amused for a whole day.
Midlothian is a very pretty area and would definitely recommend a circular trip round Peebles and Galashiels.
Patterson tribe (Aberdeen).
- 15 November 2013: Our second enjoyable visit to Park Neuk - wish we could have stayed longer and look forward to returning again soon. We had my mother with us and she enjoyed the cottage so much she wants to come back in the summer. She also had her 87th birthday here as well so grandsons and great grandson were able to come to her party. Many thanks.
David & Liz (N. Ireland).
- 8 November 2013: Thank you for extremely comfortable, clean and well-equipped accommodation. The setting was fabulous, far enough away from the buzz of city life but still within distance. The peace and tranquility was exactly what was needed and was thoroughly enjoyed. Loved our outdoor guests!!
I will highly recommend "Park Neuk" and don't think this will be my last visit. Hope to see you again soon. Many blessings and good wishes.
Thank you for your warm welcome, your beautiful cottage and the peace and tranquility. I enjoyed seeing the birds and especially the shy woodpecker who came to eat the nuts. Hope to be able to come back. Many wishes and blessings to you and all who stay in this beautiful place.
Teresa (Co. Derry, N. Ireland).
- 2 November 2013: We had a fabulous half-term holiday - thank you so much for your thoughtful and comfortable cottage. It was perfect. We loved all our outings, especially to the Royal Yacht, Botanic Gardens, Holyrood House and the Scottish Parliament, walking in the beautiful Trossachs, up Arthur's Seat, along the coast at Gullane and North Berwick. We all feel refreshed and full of fresh air/Bless you both, Kim & John.
Richard, Liz, Polly and Aydon (from Hatfield Heath, Hertfordshire).
- 13 October 2013: What a charming cottage! It was so homely and perfect for our family. Our kids LOVED the trains and other toys. Having a fireplace and making a fire really added to the experience. When compared to what we would have gotten in Edinburgh, there is no comparison. Thank you for a delightful stay and for the friendly reception. We loved it so much it was hard to get going in the mornings. We are already looking forward to our next visit!
Matt, Alexis, Ty and Emma (from the USA, but living in England at present).
- 18 September 2013: We arrived at the cottage at the end of our 5-week holidays in Scotland as we had some business to do in Edinburgh. The children, (4 of them), were tired after so many days of sightseeing, climbing mountains, travelling for hours in the car around the Highlands. So we spent a few relaxing days in the cottage only going to Edinburgh as necessary. Children very excited about the toys! We were very impressed by the quality (and quantity) of everything that's in the house. We stayed in some self-catering cottages but none of them was so well equipped, clean and comfortable. We will be happy to come back some time. Thank you. (Sorry for my English - it's my second language)
Anna, Jacek and children: Viktor, Achilles, Helena and Konstancja (Shetland, but originally from Poland).
- 14 September 2013: What a lovely, peaceful house. Garden just right and loved watching the birds feeding. Saw the Woodpecker a few times - and just briefly two of them. But no Squirrel. Lovely area - boat trip from North Berwick to Bass Rock was great - & Roslin/Rosslyne Chapel is well worth a visit. Also Royal Yacht Britannia at Leith. Gigi Restaurant at Bonnyrigg excellent and very family friendly.
Leakes and Kings family, (Durham).
- 27 August 2013: It was just a couple of nights and days here at Park Neuk, but enough for the kids and us to feel that we are in a fairy-tale home from home. We would definitely come here again, but for a longer period of time. As we say in Malta: "Veru dan trelwa" (a really sweet home). We had all we needed and more, house is well-equipped and very clean. Thanks a million.
Jez, Emenda, Vianne & Magdalena, (Malta).
- 24 August 2013: We had such a lovely time here, thank you for all the special touches. The children were very happy to see all the toys, playhouse and swing, (basket of slippers was a nice find), and little touches like printing the weather report were nice.
Garden is gorgeous. Children enjoyed birdwatching over breakfast. Will definitely recommend and return.
Kat, Bill, Ben, Emily and Grace, (Harrow, Middlesex).
- 17 August 2013: Wonderful cottage, wonderful picture window, we saw:
Such a beautiful and well-equipped cottage that we'd like to move in permanently!
- A family of Geater Spotted Woodpeckers, (mum, dad and juvenile)
- coal tit
- great tits
- blue tits
- Mr. & Mrs Magpie
- big fat pigeon
- Tree Creeper, (?)
- Squirrel, (grey)
Oh the Library! The Library! Just perfect. My daughters were fighting over it. - Penny
There was even "Hitch-hiker's Guide to the Galaxy" which was most excellent - Caterine.
Penny, Patrick, Catherine & Tabitha, (Bristol, UK).
- 10 August 2013: Lovely cottage with everything you could need for your stay. Enjoyed the bird watching and discovered that the Buzzard up the lane had a young family - could hear the chicks.
The Evisons, (Kent).
- 3 August 2013: Many thanks for all the special touches - we have very much enjoyed our stay here and you have thought of everything! Kind regards
The Viljoens, (Colchester).
- 21 July 2013: Dear Kim & John. It was nice to be met by you both and made to feel welcomed. We hadd a great time & the cottage was excellent in every way. Thanks for everything, and I am sure you wil see some of us again.
Dave, Phil, Fred, Ash & Kevin, (from different parts of England).
- 6 June 2013:
| We have very much enjoyed the garden and warm weather on this our 2nd visit to Park Neuk - the 1st being in November 2011, both with our daughter and young family and husband. We had an excellent early evening walk following blue arrows most of the way, although the footpath is not on any map. Many thanks to Kim and John. || |
Anne & Jim, Richard & Sarah, Seb & Reuben, (Merseyside).
- 1 June 2013: Hi, Kim & John - great to see you both. We had a great week - beach walking, Fidra, Lamb and the Sisters. Into the enchanting Oak woods and pastures of Dalkeith House and along the North Esk River.
We can recommend the roof terrace at the National Museum - great views and it's free! + also Gigi's and the "unusual" garden at Little Sparta.
Shortage of rabbits and so couldn't try Lapin Chasseur this year, (encyclopedia of Gardening page 490), maybe sautéed squirrel/rhino/hippo next year.
Julian, Shelley & Olivia, (Derbyshire).
- 24 May 2013: This is our first visit to Schotland, and to Park Neuk.
A very friendly welcome by Kim and John, with flowers and all! Although Spring is not in sight, we make the best of it, and enjoyu outdoors as much as we can: clean fresh air, lovely perfumed flowers, the birds and squirrel that come foraging, (is that the right word?) If too much rain spoils the day out, we can always come back to this charming house.
Our visit to Rosslyn Chapel was wonderful. Newhailes is a beauty. We had a lovely stay, sun everyday, I know it is hard to believe! The temperature was historically low, but what beautiful clouds!
The best to you and thank you for this lovely home.
Paul & Paula, (Antwerp, Belgium).
- 12 April 2013: Our third visit to Park Neuk, (we would have been back sooner if it hadn't been so booked up!).
This was our longest stay and very relaxing - even though we were out and about sightseeing daily, it still felt like a relaxing break.
We did a walking "Treasure Hunt" in Edinburgh, (huntfun.co.uk) which was fantastic, taking in the whole city centre.
Camers Obscura was brilliant - great fun looking at ourselves through the wibbly-wobbly mirrors!
We also went to the Royal Commonwealth Pool and Connor dived off the 3m springboard! Walks with Grandad and lots more made this a fantastic holiday.
Kim and John are great hosts and very accommodating as always.
The beds were hot as toast, (Connor, 9)
The beds were so warm and cosy I wanted to take mine home! (Harvey 7)
Thanks very much, Marc, Julie, Connor (9), Harvey (7) and Lydia (7), (Derbyshire).
- 5 April 2013: We had a fabulous time staying at Park Neuk Cottage. The view from each window was very scenic and we went for walks and the weather was good. Thank you very much and we hope to visit some day soon.
Doug, Shirley, Arianne and Caitlan, (Lymington, Hants).
- 25 March 2013: We have stayed in many places in the UK and Europe, but by far Park Neuk is the one we are finding hardest to leave. Many thanks for everything.
Kathie and Gerry, (Newton Stewart).
- 9th March 2013: Another very enjoyable short break at Park Neuk. This time we were here to celibrate my sister's special birthday. This is the first time we have had snow at Park Neuk and it was just beautiful. Amazing icicles on teh tree by the front door! Once again, Kim and John, thank you very, very much.
Diane, Ian, Peter and Andrew, (Aberdeen).
- 4 December 2012: Even though it was sad circumstances that brought us here this time, it was lovely to stay in your cottage, which is very well accommodated. We appreciated the warm welcome. Bedankt en misschien tot siens! Keep well!
Regards, George, Marga and Heather, (Netherlands).
- 30 November 2012: Thank you again for accommodating us at Park neuk for our traditional pre-Christmas break to Edinburgh and this locality. Park Neuk is out on its ownand has everything anyone could wish for. This is such a lovely place to relax and unwind. Jack, (6), loved all the toys and garden wildlife, as did we all. The usual refrain of "we want to come back again" was heard throughout the week! Many thanks, once again, for our lovely stay in your wonderful place.
Sue, Ged, Adele, Mark & Jack - hope to see you agai. (Co. Durham).
- 13 November 2012: Has to be the best holiday cottage I have had the pleasure to visit! Will certainly be back to Park neuk! Excellently equippedand a superb location!
Many thanks, Sandy, (Creiff).
- 17 October 2012: Wir hatten eine sehr schöne Zeit hier in Schottland und haben uns hier im Cottage sehr heimisch gefühlt. Den Ausblick morgens aus dem Fenster zu dem Vögeln und dem wohlgenährtem Eichhörnchen war ein schöne Abwechslung. Das Haus ist wirklich sehr gut ausgestattet und sehr gemütlich. Besonders die Heizdecken in der Betten haben uns sehr gefallen. Das Cottage hat eine sehr gute Zeige, so das wir von hier aus sehr viele Ausflugsziele erreichen kannten.
Wir werden viele schöne Erinnerungen mit nach Hause nehmen und werden Schottland sicherlich wieder besuchen kommen.
Liebe Grüße von Stefan, Katja, Caro, Paula & Kiki aus Deutschland, (Schleswig Holstein, Ostsee).
- 6 October 2012: Although not on holiday, as I was up here working, this privided a real "home from home" much better than a sterile hotel. Extremely comfortable, the birds were a wonderful distraction and cosy nights in with a good book by the log fire. I can really recommend it as an alternative "office".
- 22 September 2012: This was our second visit to Park Neuk and just as enjoyable. We visited many places including Hopetoun House and the Queen's Gallery. If you like chocolate, then a visit to the Chocolate Tree, 123 Bruntsfield Place, Edinburgh is a mus: great coffee, cakes gelato and chocolates. A relaxed atmosphere and laid back service so don't go there if you are in a hurry! Hope to see you next year.
Tony & Samantha, (Nottinghamshire)
- 18 August 2012: Had a lovely holiday and got out and about quite a lot and Park Neuk is perfect for that. After the hustle and bustle of Edinburgh during the Festival, it was nice to see the quiet and comfortable cottage awaiting us at teh end of a busy day.
Enjoyed the garden; wildlife from the dining area window - kept them well fed and surprised at how much the birds and occasional squirrel can eat!
Would certainly come back to Park Neuk if we holiday in teh area again - sad to leave.
John, Perry & Jackie, Daniel and Louise, (Nottinghamshire)
- 11 August 2012: Thank you for a lovely holiday in your lovely, very well-equipped cottage. We even had wonderful weather!!! Thanks again for a wonderful time and the tip-off about Yellowcraigs beach - it was lovely. Everyone sad to be leaving and would love to return. Thanks again!
the Wright family, (North Lincolnshire)
- 4 August 2012: Lovely cottage, we had a wonderful week. Edinburgh was very nice. Thank you for the English-Scottish dictionary.
Charlotte, Jeroen, Yvonne, Han, (Netherlands)
- 28 July 2012: Nice welcome cup of tea. Nice place to stay for young and old alike. Nice place for visiting historic sites and castles. Nice and comfortable. In fact everything NICE. Hope to come back again.
Jan & Des, (Stafford)
Lovely clean, comfy cottage that was well equipped. Oliver loved sleepping in the library bedroom! We would certainly recommend this cottage to others wanting to holiday in this area and wouldn't hesitate to return to Park Neuk should we have another holiday in Edinburgh.
Nicola & Pete, Oliver (3 1/2) and Ethan (7 wks), (Stafford)
- 21 July 2012: We have had a lovely time in your quaint little cottage - a home away from home. The weather has been mainly sunny meaning that Fletcher (3 yrs) has had a ball in the garden, perfect for hide-and-seek! We have enjoyed days out and evenings in, mainly playing "Scottish Quest"; what a fantastic game! Unfortunately it is so popular that every stockist has sold out so we are on teh waiting list - looking forward to playing it with friends. THank you for giving us the opportunity to enjoy your cottage, it made for a lovely relaxing week.
Nicoll family, (Aberdeenshire)
- 4th July 2012: We've had a fantastic few days here, the house and gardens have been delightful, so well equipped, child-friendly, (train sets and toys much appreciated), it's been a pleasure to be here. Kids and adults were highly amused in first hour when we had squirrel, woodpecker and many small birds all feeding at once. Used the Park and Ride at Straiton - 15 minutes drive and then 30 minutes on the bus for a day in Edinburgh; another great day spent at Rosslyn Chapel and Deep Sea World. Our visiting family from overseas have been much impressed and we look forward to staying again in the future. Thank you for everything!
Harvey and Irana & family, (Aberdeenshire)
- 25th June 2012: Our first visit to Scotland, (our son was climbing in the BMC Youth Finals at EICA). A wonderful bungalow with everything catered for. The boys, all three of them, loved the place, especially the blankets. We all enjoyed having meals with the birds, woodpecker and squirrel. Hoping to come up for longer next time and will be looking to stay at Park Neuk again. Thank you.
The Kathrada Family, (Gloucester)
- 16th June 2012: Lovely comfortable cottage and gorgeous garden! No the best weather for June, but, we think, better than home. Boys, (2 & 4), loved train set, garden and the diggers and trucks at work over the road! [This work now finished - Kim]
Visited plenty of sights - highlights for us the Scottish Mining Museum - tickets for a year so went twice - and Craigmillar Castle - deserted and great fun to explore.
Bus to Edinburgh took a good hour which was a bit long to do more than once.
Great food at the Sun Inn and lovely cafes at Edinburgh Castle, Mining Museum, Dawick Botanic Gardens. Good Farm Shop. Whitmore Organics, 20 min south of here - nice change from Tescos.
The May Family, (Dinas Powys, Vale of Glamorgan)
- 9th June 2012: What a lovely place to stay. Our break has been really relaxing. We have never stayed in such a well-equipped holiday cottage!
Loved popping into Edinburgh, especially with the weather we've had! We all enjoyed the Zoo, the National Museum of Scotland, the Camera Obscura, all brilliant for families. Loved North Berwick and the Seabird Centre, although a little pricey for us all! Hopefully we'll return in better weather.
A real find, cosy, comfortable and delightful to stay here. Thank you.
Enjoyed the food at the Howgate Inn Restaurant, delicious food at a sensible price.
Julie, Andy, James (13), Johnathan (11), Robbie (6) (Austwick, N. Yorkshire)
- 5th June 2012: Second visit to this fantastic cottage; every bit as good this time. Hopefully we will all return again very soon.
Connor family, (Glasgow)
- 26th May 2012: Thank you so much for the lovely time we could spend in your lovely, well-equipped, child-secure and comfortable cottage!
You have really thought of everything, which made it a pleasure to stay.
From the very first day we felt at home here. Our children, (3, 3, 5), loved the Playing House in the beautiful garden, the wooden railways, the electric blankets in their beds during the first cold and rainy days, and the squirrel coming for breakfast and dinner each day.
The book "Edinburgh for Under Fives" was very useful. We found many suggestions for excursions nearby. We went to the Mining Museum, the Drummond Safari Park, Edinburgh and Stirling Castles, Dryburgh and Melrose Abbeys - joyful exciting and interesting for the whole family.
Thank you for recommending the Sun Inn - the food was delicious!
Throughout the second half of our stay the weather was warm and sunny, which was a topping on our good impressions we have of this beautifu country.
We hope that we can come back for another stay in this wonderful cottage!
The Rüsen family, (Wacken, Germany)
- 10th May 2012: We came from the USA and England to celebrate our sister's "special" birthday. As siblings, we haven't seen each other together for 8 years. Park Neuk made it a very special reunion. 3 of us had not been to Scotland before and I have to say it is wonderful. In 3 days we have seen so much: Rosslyn, Edinburgh, Dalkeith, the History of Flight museum, dibbled our toes in the sea at North Berwick - the list goes on! The food at the Sun Inn - exceptional.
Our main entertainment came from the birds (mainly the woodpecker and a heated squabble between a magpie and a crow) but the squirrel, (Tarquin the tail-less) was our main attraction. We especially liked the walk to the burn and the friendly people we met on the way.
The cottage itself was very well equipped, very clean and had everything one would need to feel at home. As avid readers, the variety of books and information leaflets is amazing.
Thank you so much - and may we come again for our next reunion, please? Will recommend Park Neuk to anyone who will isten!
Glenda, John, Rachel and Dolores, (England and USA)
Just to add to my sister's eloquent appreciation: I have lived in many different countries and stayed in many different hotels - I have never felt regret in leaving any of them but I must say I will actually 'regret' leaving Park Neuk. This has been a thoroughly enchanting and extremely comfortable stay in a beautiful country with charming people.
Thank you John and Kim for sharing your wonderful cottage with us and making sure that we wanted for nothing. You have thought of everything and made our stay completely delightful. Thank you, thank you and thank you again!. I would love to come back again . . . maybe when the temperature was just a tad warmer! With much respect and sincere appreciation.
Dolores, (Alabama, USA)
- 5th May 2012: Wonderful holiday. Highly recommended.
Ian, Rachel, Jamie, Jessica, (Netherlands)
- 27th April 2012: Here to celebrate a wedding anniversary and a birthday. We all really enjoyed our stay even if the weather was unseasonably wet and cold! Watching the birds and squirrel was a daily delight and the cottage was so well-appointed it made self-catering much easier.
Sheila, Marshall, David and Irene, (Fife)
- 21st April 2012: Our whole family have enjoyed this house - woodpecker a main attraction every breakfast! Can recommend Mercat Tours, (Edinburgh), very funny indeed. The camera Obscura offers far more than expected. The garden has offered me inspiration & I have taken some photos to try to pick some of the best bits! P.S. The Sun Inn's food was tops!
John, Heather, Evie, Micah and Hugh, (Lancashire)
- 8th April 2012: A lovely, well-equipped cottage in beautiful surroundings. Could have done without 2 days of snow though, especially after the heat-wave of the previous couple of weeks . .
P.S. Future visitors may be interested to know that if standing in the garden very quietly, it is possible that they may be lucky enough to hear the mating call of the haggis. Good luck!!
Mary, Gordon, Susan, Claire & Matthew, (North Yorkshire)
- 19th March 2012: Another lovely but still too brief stay. Must try to come for longer next time.
For families with young children who can walk well, we recommend Craigmillar Castle, lots of winding stairwells and rooms intact, and then an easy and direct drive to Portobello for lunch. The Edinburgh for Under-5's book lists several places to eat - we went for the Swim Centre Cafe. A post lunch play on the beach followed.
Lots of birds to see - woodpecker & tree sparrows & amny others in the garden. Plus the Squirrel. W edon't know what was the more exciting: watching the birds or seeing a weasel hunt them. He was too fast to see which unluck bird he managed to catch. Keep an eye out for him on the lawn, by the Wendy House and front door and wiggling through the stone wall.
Thank you both for a lovely stay. The cottage is really one of the best we've stayed at.
Irana, Daniel, Grainia, (3 3/4), Jasper, (Nearly 2) (Cambridgeshire)
- 12th March 2012: Thank you. Wonderful books - how nice to find 20's, 30's, 50's writers no longer in print; wonderful birds; loved the compost heap over the wall. Thank you again!
- 18 February 2012:Had a wonderful week. Park Neuk really feels like you are being welcomed into someone's home. The kids loved the space outdoors and the nooks and crannies of the house were great for hide-and-seek!
Phil and Jo, Ben & Matthew, (Liverpool)
- 31st Jan 2012: I felt very much at home at Park Neuk. The house is homely and welcoming. I particularly enjoyed the fact that everything is here: dishes, towels, plates & saucepans. It was lovely to see the horses trot by each day and the stables are nearby for anyone who wishes to take a look. The walk to Rosslyn, through the Glen, is enchanting. I very much look forward to visiting in the near future. Thank you very much for your hospitality.
- 3rd January 2012: Another very enjoyable stay here at Park Neuk - all too short. The woodpecker visited a few times which was great. We just love watching the birds here.
We can highly recommend the Sun Inn near Dalkeith. We can also recommend the National Museum in Chambers Street - a whole day there is not enough! Thank you so much!
Diane, Ian, Peter & Andrew, (Aberdeen)