- 6th November 2015: Lovely to be back! Beautifully organised with attractive quirky design features round every corner. Peace and quiet if you weant it but near to all the special events that Edinburgh and surrounding countryside and seaside have to offer.
It shines through how much Kim & John love and cherish Park Neuk
- 4th November 2015: Thoroughly enjoyed our holiday back here and had amazingly good weather for the time of year! As ever, the garden is beautiful and the birds a real pleasure to watch.
We can thoroughly recommend the Underground Vaults tour - but it's not for the faint-hearted! We were also here in time to see the Samhuinn Fire Festival which was very good.
Once again, John & Kim, thank you very, very much.
Ian, Diane & Peter, (Aberdeen).
- 24th October 2015: Lovely cottage. Plenty of equipment. Rather remote if you have not car, but got everywhere we wanted on the very good bus service.
Kay & Chris, (Sittingbourne).
- 8th October 2015: We came to Scotland to celebrate the wedding of our niece at Dalhousie Castle. Park Neuk was an ideal base to stay as one of our sons and two cousins were also able to stay over the weekend in the Library and the Stone Room. Doreen's brother-in-law and partner were staying at a hotel in Lasswade which did not provide breakfast!! So we had seven people for breakfast on the morning of the wedding, ably cooked by our son using your superbly equipped kitchen.
We were very interested in the birds visiting the feeders, which we kept topped up every day. Birds we have seen: Pair of Nuthatches; Tree Sparrows, (our first sighting as these are very rare in East Anglia); Greater Spotted Woodpecker, (female); Chaffinches, (male and female); Dunnock; Wren; Blue Tits; Great Tits; Coal Tit; pair of Magpies; Blackbird; Wood Pigeon; Rooks and Crows in the fields; Naughty Grey Squirrel on the nuts!
Park Neuk is ideally placed for visiting Rosslyn Chapel, as we did, and under guidance from Sydney the SatNav, we were able to visit Hollyrood Palace, the QUeen's Gallery, the Old Town, and the Scottish Museum of Modern Art.
We can recommend the restaurant "The Outsider" in the Old Town.
Best wishes to our hosts Kim and John and to all future visitors.
Cliff & Doreen, (Norfolk).
- 1st October 2015: Thank you for letting us share your beautiful cottage. The birds have been a joy to watch, and we've seen the Woodpecker too. The weather has been amazing enabling us to enjoy the beauty of the Pentland hills. Thank you for supplying such informative walking books and guides. This is one of the nicest cottages we have stayed in.
Alison, David and Eleanor, (North Yorkshire).
- 26th September 2015: Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to stay in Park Neuk, my family home in 1959/60. Although there have been some changes and time moves on, it was a joy to sit and reminisc at the picture window. It's lovely, but as with all memories, when revisited, never fulfils the memory.
- 19th September 2015: Thank you for sharing this beautiful home. We wouldn't change a thing. The picture window enhances the feeling of tranquility we have felt throughout our stay.
Mark & Jan, (Cardigan, Wales).
- 12th September 2015: From the wonderfully warm welcome by Kim & John to the sad farewell this morning, we have had a totally relaxing week in this lovely cottage. It is perfectly situated just a 30 min drive into Edinburgh & all its attractions & then to return to perfect seclusion.
Susan & Ray, (Bolton, Lancs).
- 31st August 2015: What a great place to come to from frantic, noisy London! A lovely cottage supplied with everything one could need, and the peace and quiet to get in touch with one's inner self again. Thank you so much, we had a lovewly time.
Jonathan, Sarah, Aliza, Elli & Kathryn, (London).
- 22nd August 2015: Thanks for giving us an ideal base for our holiday in Scotland - warm and cosy with every home comfort we could possibly need. Park Neuk was welcoming and comfortable with the most beautiful garden - no wonder all the birds and squirrels love it here too! Thanks for everything.
Jo, David, Alex & Libby, (Southampton).
I counted approximately 3231 books in the library - thanks again - Libby.
- 12th August 2015: Very well equipped cottage. Almost every need is satisfied. At breakfast time you can enjoy teh beautiful view in teh garden. The old house has a good spirit which we liked very much. We thank you for your warm welcome when we arrived almost at midnight. With kind regards,
Ralf, Gabrielle, Susanne-Marie, (Bremen, Deutschland).
- 25th July 2015: What a wonderful cottage you have here, with everything in it you can think of and did not think of!
The garden is a real paradise for birds, and as bird lovers we enjoyed it very much, especially the family of Woodpeckers. And the squirrel of course.
We have enjoyed our stay tremendously and really appreciated your warm welcome and help. Thank you very much for having us!
Wai, Amarens, Haico & Anea, (Almere, Nl).
- 4th July 2015: We have had a lovely week here in Park Neuk. The weather has been really good. Everything here is so peaceful. The new beds are really comfortable. Best wishes for now.
Mary, Hugh & Louise, (Belfast).
I liked playing in the garden and I still like sleeping in the Library. Last time I was here was in 2009 and I was 5 1/2. I am now 9 1/2. Gillian
- 4th July 2015: We have had a lovely week here in Park Neuk. The weather has been really good. Everything here is so peaceful. The new beds are really comfortable. Best wishes for now.
Mary, Hugh & Louise, (Belfast).
- 20th June 2015: We have thoroughly enjoyed our stay here, starting with the warm and friendly welcome. It is a lovely, very clean and well-equipped cottage.
The garden is beautiful, and it has been very relaxing watching all the wildlife through the big window. I even saw a deer in the field above the kitchen. (So many books, so little time!)
Ian, Aneira & Rheannon, (Swansea).
- 14th June 2015: We are in complete agreement with the above!
Fred, Weia, Wouter, Anne & Bram, (Zutphen, Nederlands).
- 5th June 2015: I was surprised with a 3-night stay back at Park Neuk and was so grateful that the cottage was as gorgeous as I remembered! We were lucky to be welcomed with a garden full of wildflowers which provided the most perfect spot for a proposal!! Thank you for accommodating us and we can't wait to be able to come back for another stay!
Kati & Ash, (Brisbane, Australia).
- 23rd May 2015: A perfect holiday home from the wonderful wildlife and garden to the facilities and warm welcome. The true test was that the children relaxed instantly. A perfect base to meet up wth our family in Edinburgh - thank you!
P.S. Dobbies Butterfly Experience is amazing - well worth a visit whether you have kids or not!.
Don, Vikki, Thayen, Leo & River, (Derbyshire).
- 7th May 2015: We had another lovely stay at Park Neuk Cottage with one more still very small addition to our family, so that we appreciated the well-equipped cottage even more since we spent much time in it, exploring a bit less than last year. Apart from seeing my brother's new-born child, the reason for coming here in the first place, we enjoyed Whitmuir Farm, the Seabird Centre in Norht Berwick the Secret Herb Garden, the Royal Botnical Gardens. The two things we like best in Scotland: space and nature and the friendly people!
Thanks Kim and John for this lovely stay in this lovely place and for letting us stay an extra night so we don't have to spend the night on a boat in a storm!
Martijn, Nieuke, Sebas (4 years) and Nicolas (5 months), (Amsterdam, Nl).
- 6th April 2015: What a wonderful, peaceful spot with lovely views - a perfect base to relax and explore Lothian.
Park Neuk is a beautiful cottage, spacious, well equipped and spotlessly clean. Everything you could possibly need or wish for is here.
The Weather has been glorious during our visit, the spring flowers in teh garden are so lovely. The variety of bird feeders outside the sitting room window attracts so many different species of birds - it has been an unexpected delight watching them. James, our youngest son, hs so enjoyed recording all the different species of bird he has seen. Easter morning, he had the excitement of watching the elusive Woodpecker feeding on the bird feeder. Sunday evening, he spotted a male and female Siskin, (identified from thje birds handbook - another great resource provided at the cottage) - and wow - just as I'm writing this - as if he knows - the Woodpecker has made an appearance for all the family to see him. What a super way to finish an idyllic stay at Park Neuk Cottage. Thank you Kim & John!
Kate, John, Charles and James, (Sheffield).
- 1st April 2015: We always enjoy coming to Scotland, and this trip gave us the chance to explore and enjoy a slightly different area. The freezing weather of the past few days has hampered our plans to explore much on foot(!), but we've thoroughly enjoyed our trips to Rosslyn Chapel, the Butterfly Farm and lunch today at Howgate. The birds have provided an endless cabaret, and have distracted us from work with their constant consumption of industrial quantities of nuts and seeds - although the two squirrels certainly helped reduce the level of peanuts pretty efficiently! Love the cottage; warm, welcoming, very well equipped, and the most marvellous views and setting. Will happily return if circumstances allow.
Chris & Gail, (Worthing).
- 21st March 2015: This has been our first visit to Park Neuk and it has been absolutely wonderful.
Being able to observe the birds at such close quarters has been a real delight. We have seen the Great Spotted Woodpecker as well as Yelowhammer and Tree Sparrows.
Thank you so much for your hospitality and thoughtfulness in making Park Neuk a home from home.
PS Saw a Stoat run across the patio whils eating our breakfast!
Kelvin, Rosemary, Robert, Karen, (Worthing).
- 15th March 2015: Kim & Joihn, we all had a fantastic stay in your cottage. We all enjoyed watching the birds. You made us feel very welcome and thank you for greeting us at such a late time.
Mark, Gill, Amy, Leah & Lois, (Reading).
- 17th February 2015: Great, fantastic!!!
Had a great short break with the Grandchildren.
Loved watching all the different types of birds and the squirrel. Home from home, everything we could hope for and more.
Rob, Sandra, Kieran, Ashley, Isla, (Sheffield).
- 14th February 2015: Thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Park Neuk, spent a lovely couple of days in the sunshine seeing the wonderful beaches and enjoyed some rather cloudy walks in the Pentlands.
The woodpecker stopped by for a brief "Hello". We spent many hours simply watching the comings and goings in the garden. Thank you, Kim and John for a lovely place we could call home for the week. Hope to see you both shortly!
Nicola & Dan, (York).
- 14th January 2015:
| We had a great short break, thanks to John & Kim letting us share this beautiful spot. A very relaxing way to finish our holiday in Scotland! Lovely people, house full of character and a pleasure to stay here. Thanks again!. || |
Claire, Darren, Dominic & Holly (Melbourne, Australia).
- 4th January 2015: I'm writing this at the dining table over breakfast taking in my favourite view of the garden. This aspect is like a living painting. I love it! Thank you, Kim and John, for a delightful stay; it has been wonderful. Nestled in the fields, we've been able to unwind and relax - a perfect antidote to the hectic week before we came.
Thank you for making the cottage so comfortable and well provisioned, and the extra touch of Christmas decorations.
Watching the birds feed has been lovely and our daughter has delighted in watching, drawing then and refilling the feeders.
We've enjoyed trips into Edinburgh, a visit to Rosslyn Chapel, (where it snowed), and a trip to the Falkirk Wheel. We definitely want to come again. Best wishes and a happy New Year!
Leesa, Ian and Tild, (NSW Australia).
- 29th December 2014: A wonderfully cpomfortable and enjoyable stay. Park Neuk is everything we hoped it would be. Have fun trying to make use of the extensive collection of kitchen ware and take a ramble to the impressive Whitehill House! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Mullinger family, (Lancaster and Edinburgh).
- 2nd December 2014: Thank you for letting us stay at your beautiful cottage. Its location is truly spectacular. We loved making fires; everything we could possibly need was under one roof. We visited Gullane beach and collected some seashells. Went into Edinburgh to the Christmas Market, tried our best to stand up whilst ice-skating. Loved eating breakfast whilst watching the birds, the woodpecker was our personal favourite. Once again, thank you for letting us stop here. We will definitely be visiting again soon. Take care!
Charlotte & Shaun, (Derbyshire).
- 7th November 2014: I would like to thank you, Kim and John, we wanted a nice and quiet holiday. We loved it!! Everything we needed was here. The birds are very greedy and the woodpecker rules the roost on the nuts. The squirrels and rabbits paid a visit. Can't wait to come back - it was excellent. Sorry if we used too much wood. We will recommend this cottage to friends and family - grandkids will love it. Look after yourselves and once again thank you.
Lindsey & Martin, (Merseyside).
- 31st October 2014: Thank you once again for a wonderful week - superb comfy cottage with all that we needed. Had a great time out every day - highlights were Stirling Castle and St. Andrews and the fishing villages nearby.
The birds at the feeder were very greedy all week - but what a pleasure to see. God bless you, Kim and John and thank you once again!
Liz, Richard, Polly & Aydan, (Essex).
- 29th September 2014: Wir hatten eine super Woche. Wetter unschlagbar. Die folk plätze suchen ihres fleichen und den Ryder Cup behalten wir. Das Cottages ist weltklasse.
Grüsse von Andreas, Katherin, Thomas und Andrea aus Deutschland.
- 22nd September 2014: Another loveley week at Park Neuk. Such a lovely peaceful place. Weather very dull but mostly dry. Enjoyed the birds but only saw the woodpecker once & very briefly.
Visits to Deep Sea World, Falkirk Wheel, (fascinating), Cruise on the Firth of Forth - all very good. Really enjoyed Dirleton Castle near North Berwick, with a reamatic ruined castle and lovely gardens.
Ate out at the Laird and Dog, Lasswade - not bad, and Gigi, Italian Restaurant at Bonnyrigg - excellent if rather noisy.
Another lovely week. Thanks very much.
Kings, (N. Yorks & Bradford) and Leakes, (Co. Durham).
- 13th September 2014: The weather was glorious, the fields golden, and the woodpecker came every day - even stayed whilst we had breakfast. We have been blessed this week! Kindest regards,
Dawn & Graham, (Chester).
- 6th September 2014: Thank you for our time at Park Neuk. The cottage is tastefully and comprehensively appointed and you have put a lot of thought and work into catering for the needs of your visitors. The garden is enchanting and we have appreciated the seclusion, away from the madding crowd. We hope to return, but in the meantime will recommend this haven of tranquility to our trusted friends. Our stay has been a theraputic pleasure - good for the soul.
Fond Regards and All Best.
Alan & Veronica, (Victoria BC, Canada).
- 30th August 2014: My husband and three children have very much enjoyed our stay at this beautiful cottage. We loved the fireplace and the blankets, (especially the electric ones!), and especially all the beautiful birds. It's a great place to explore Edinburgh, Midlothian and the Borders - we especially enjoyed our fishing at Kailzie Gardens and our walk to Rosslyn Castle and of course, the Chapel.
So, we hope to come again some day - please don't change the Library or teh Stone Room - so lovely! The children are now twitchers - we want to come back and see the elusive woodpecker. We have been exceptionally lucky with the weather - the fields look glorious. Until next time - we hope!
Best wishes to you, John & Kim.
Thank you for showing us around and making us feel at home. I loved my stay and I really liked my bedroom. Thank you very much, I really enjoyed all the walks and the house. Love from Clover, (9).
Thank you very much for making us feel at home, I really appreciate it. My bedroom was lovely and welcoming. I've really enjoyed my stay at Park Neuk. Mâdeleine xxx (11) Thanks again!
Bethan, Gavin, Maddie, Clover and Robin, (Shropshire).
- 23rd August 2014: The warm welcome and "Home away from home" that you provide here at Park Neuk far exceeded our expectations! We greatly enjoyed the gardens and birds as well as the tranquil setting. Thank you for making Park Neuk a place we will always remember!
Scott, Ruh, Tom & Nancy, (Florida, USA).
- 14th August 2014: Dear Kim & John, Thank you for your warm welcome to this beautiful home in a peaceful setting. It has been good to get away for a few days from our home in Warwickshire and S. Wales. It has been our first visit to Scotland and our trips to Edinburgh have been informative and enjoyable despite having to fight our way through the "Fringe" crowds! We have appreciated hte peace and tranqquility that Park Neuk affords, the lovely garden and the picture window with its view of feeding birds. Everything that we could need has been provided and your extensive library has been a particular delight. Although we live so far from Scotland, it would be nnice to think that we may return some day.
Every good wish to you both.
Margaret, George, Stephen, Emma and John, (Warwickshire).
- 9th August 2014: A lovely cottage, excellent facilities and wonderful area. Weather was great too! All in all a great holiday venue
Hickman family, (Surrey).
- 26th July 2014: Thank you for a lovely stay at Park Neuk, the cottage is amazing and it is surrounded by beautiful fields. The bird feeders collect loads of birds which is incredible to see up close, it is also really close to Edinburgh which is very handy for going on trips. THe garden is wonderful, it has so much to discover and we love the flowers and trees; we also met a few people that were walking past the house who were walking dogs or riding horses. I'm sure people will enjoy their stay here if you come here.
Nuala, Kevin, Ellen, James, Michael, (Belfast, Northern Ireland).
- 19th July 2014: Cinq jours, merveilleux ! Calme et repos étaient au rendez-vous. Accueil vraiment charmant. Beaucoup de choses a faire : Edimbourg, Rosslyn chapelle, plages de Yellowcraig et les oiseaux ! Merci pour tout. A bientôt.
Stéphanie, Stéphane, Guivan, Yorick, Judicaelle, (Bourgogne, France).
- 14th July 2014: Such a wonderful cottage with everything you could wish for supplied. So child-friendly with lots to entertain the little ones - and the excitement of the toasty beds!! A great base for local walks and lots to do nearby: the Museum of Scotland, the Camera Obscura; teh Zoo and Rosslyn Chapel were our favourites. We could have spent all our time in this lovely cottage and garden, it is so wonderful!
Fiona, Ken, Eoghan (9), Oisin (8), Aoife (6), Roise (4) & Cillian (2) (Donegal, Eire).
- 5th July 2014: A splendid base for visiting everywhere in Edinburgh and the Borders.
We recommend: Britannia, (free parking as well); Scottish Garden Scheme; Dawyck Gardens; Traquair House; Dumfries House; and a large number of fairly local walled gardens.
Tim & Cilla (Woking, Surrey).
- 15th June 2014: Beautiful cottage and beautiful setting. Very well equipped and comfortable. The wildlife was lovely, particularly the baby rabbits. :)
Went into Edinburgh twice, by bus. The Castle was excellent. Drove around the coast, stopping at different beaches along the way. Beautiful!
All in all we have had a wonderful honeymoon and would love to come back one day.
Sian & Mark (Bedford).
- 8th June 2014: Another lovely short break here at Park Neuk. This iss our first "Summer" break here and the garden is just lovely. Thoroughly enjoyed a hot and sunny walk around Linlithgow Loch and the Festival at the Meadows. Thank you Kim & John.
P.S. Managed to get a photograph of the woodpecker on the feeder at last!
Ian, Diane, Peter & Andrew (Aberdeen).
- 3rd June 2014: Had a lovely few days. Weather behaved so that was a bonus! Will hopefully be back.
- 31 May 2014: At a perfect Park Neuk visiting:-
Interesting Rosslyn Chapel;
Amazing Falkirk Wheel;
Beautiful Gullane beach;
Loch Fyne was fine;
Elephantine Coffee House;
A Childish Museum;
A Ponderous Parliament;
An ever-inviting North Berwick;
A short busy enjoyable week. Thanks, lots of loove and have a good year!
Julian, Shelley & Olivia (Heather, Derbyshire).
- 6 May 2014: Thank you for a lovely stay in your cottage!
Meyer family (Waldbröl, Germany).
- 30 April 2014: We enjoyed our stay here, the warm welcome, the beautiful gardenwith all the birds. Our three-year-old loved watching and feeding them, playing in the garden and in the cottage with all the toys provided. He kept finding new toys during the first days! We loved the surroundings as well as the visits to Edinburgh, Bo'ness, (the lovely old train museum and the steam train trip), North Berwick, (including watching the puffins at the Sea Bird Centre), Peebles, North Queensferry, (to see the bridges).
We came to visit my brother in Edinburgh and since he will be here for a couple of years, we'll surely return to Park Neuk if we have the chance. Thank you for a lovely introduction to Scotland.
Martin, Nieuke, Sebas, (Netherlands).
- 21 April 2014: Many thanks for the warm welcome! The cup of tea after that long drive was much appreciated. Used the cottage as a base while visiting family in Edinburgh. It was perfect to come back to after days out and about. So comfortable that it immediately became a home from home. Definitely a place to come back to.
Alex, Vicky, Connor & Nana, (West Yorks).
- 5 April 2014: Our 3rd stay in this cosy, lovely and comfortable cottage. The weather was not too bad for the season. We visited and walked in the area. The breakfast with the birds is magic (you can't do that in the cities :-)). We appreciated also the open fire in the evening, with music and a good book. It's a place to recommend to friends! We will come back.
Phillipe, Yves, Willy, Véronique, (Belgium).
- 22 March 2014: What a wonderful cottage. You have truly thought of everything to make our stay warm and welcoming. Lola, (15 months) has loved playing with all the trains, bear and mole, and she has become a great bird watcher! She gets very excited to be having her breakfast witht eh birds! We really appreciated you meeting us with tea and biscuits after our long drive and taking the time to show us around. Your selection of books is fantastic and the garden is so beautiful, we can't wait to come back again!
Carla, Andrew and Lola, (Dorset).
- 8 February 2014: Thank you very much for a lovely holiday in your very lovely cottage. We loved it. We want to give a special thanks to Mr John & Mrs Kim. It is such a lovely location, just 20 min from Edinburgh centre. Cottage is noce, lovely, neat and tidy. We all will definitely recommend it to others to come and stay.
Faisal, Rashel, Moni, Arshad & Subho, (from Bangladesh).
- 2 February 2014: Another holiday draws to a close at the fabulous, cosy Park Neuk. Again we have been entertained by the squirrels and birds. We have yet to open a drawer and not find what we were looking for. It is a lovely place to invite family and friends to, to return their hospitality. Thank you Kim and John.
Pete, Fiona, Lindsay & Aiden, (Brisbane, Australia).
- 21 January 2014: Thank you Kim and John. We've had a fantastic time at Park neuk! Fabulous location and the most welcoming and comfortable accommodation we've experienced since home. I will be recommending Park Neuk to fellow travellers! I would love to return in spring or summer.
Heidi, Vlada, Elise & Stephanie, (Australia).
- 4 December 2013: only a short break but what a break we had. Just FANTASTIC in every way - cottage, weather, location, scenery - absolute bliss. We will be back next year!
Darn & Graham (Chester).
- 30 November 2013: Many thanks for a great holiday at Park Neuk. The facilities in the cottage were excellent and we have enjoyed visiting the surrounding areas. We would definitely recommend to others.
Ian, Esther, Eleanor and Nathan (Whitley Bay).
- 22 November 2013: Great time had at Park Neuk Cottage. Great location to Edinburgh without having to suffer the noise and limited parking.
Our party consisted of a 4-year-old, so we would recommend East Links Family Park, (Dunbar). Child and husband kept amused for a whole day.
Midlothian is a very pretty area and would definitely recommend a circular trip round Peebles and Galashiels.
Patterson tribe (Aberdeen).
- 15 November 2013: Our second enjoyable visit to Park Neuk - wish we could have stayed longer and look forward to returning again soon. We had my mother with us and she enjoyed the cottage so much she wants to come back in the summer. She also had her 87th birthday here as well so grandsons and great grandson were able to come to her party. Many thanks.
David & Liz (N. Ireland).
- 8 November 2013: Thank you for extremely comfortable, clean and well-equipped accommodation. The setting was fabulous, far enough away from the buzz of city life but still within distance. The peace and tranquility was exactly what was needed and was thoroughly enjoyed. Loved our outdoor guests!!
I will highly recommend "Park Neuk" and don't think this will be my last visit. Hope to see you again soon. Many blessings and good wishes.
Thank you for your warm welcome, your beautiful cottage and the peace and tranquility. I enjoyed seeing the birds and especially the shy woodpecker who came to eat the nuts. Hope to be able to come back. Many wishes and blessings to you and all who stay in this beautiful place.
Teresa (Co. Derry, N. Ireland).
- 2 November 2013: We had a fabulous half-term holiday - thank you so much for your thoughtful and comfortable cottage. It was perfect. We loved all our outings, especially to the Royal Yacht, Botanic Gardens, Holyrood House and the Scottish Parliament, walking in the beautiful Trossachs, up Arthur's Seat, along the coast at Gullane and North Berwick. We all feel refreshed and full of fresh air/Bless you both, Kim & John.
Richard, Liz, Polly and Aydon (from Hatfield Heath, Hertfordshire).
- 13 October 2013: What a charming cottage! It was so homely and perfect for our family. Our kids LOVED the trains and other toys. Having a fireplace and making a fire really added to the experience. When compared to what we would have gotten in Edinburgh, there is no comparison. Thank you for a delightful stay and for the friendly reception. We loved it so much it was hard to get going in the mornings. We are already looking forward to our next visit!
Matt, Alexis, Ty and Emma (from the USA, but living in England at present).
- 18 September 2013: We arrived at the cottage at the end of our 5-week holidays in Scotland as we had some business to do in Edinburgh. The children, (4 of them), were tired after so many days of sightseeing, climbing mountains, travelling for hours in the car around the Highlands. So we spent a few relaxing days in the cottage only going to Edinburgh as necessary. Children very excited about the toys! We were very impressed by the quality (and quantity) of everything that's in the house. We stayed in some self-catering cottages but none of them was so well equipped, clean and comfortable. We will be happy to come back some time. Thank you. (Sorry for my English - it's my second language)
Anna, Jacek and children: Viktor, Achilles, Helena and Konstancja (Shetland, but originally from Poland).
- 14 September 2013: What a lovely, peaceful house. Garden just right and loved watching the birds feeding. Saw the Woodpecker a few times - and just briefly two of them. But no Squirrel. Lovely area - boat trip from North Berwick to Bass Rock was great - & Roslin/Rosslyne Chapel is well worth a visit. Also Royal Yacht Britannia at Leith. Gigi Restaurant at Bonnyrigg excellent and very family friendly.
Leakes and Kings family, (Durham).
- 27 August 2013: It was just a couple of nights and days here at Park Neuk, but enough for the kids and us to feel that we are in a fairy-tale home from home. We would definitely come here again, but for a longer period of time. As we say in Malta: "Veru dan trelwa" (a really sweet home). We had all we needed and more, house is well-equipped and very clean. Thanks a million.
Jez, Emenda, Vianne & Magdalena, (Malta).
- 24 August 2013: We had such a lovely time here, thank you for all the special touches. The children were very happy to see all the toys, playhouse and swing, (basket of slippers was a nice find), and little touches like printing the weather report were nice.
Garden is gorgeous. Children enjoyed birdwatching over breakfast. Will definitely recommend and return.
Kat, Bill, Ben, Emily and Grace, (Harrow, Middlesex).
- 17 August 2013: Wonderful cottage, wonderful picture window, we saw:
Such a beautiful and well-equipped cottage that we'd like to move in permanently!
- A family of Geater Spotted Woodpeckers, (mum, dad and juvenile)
- coal tit
- great tits
- blue tits
- Mr. & Mrs Magpie
- big fat pigeon
- Tree Creeper, (?)
- Squirrel, (grey)
Oh the Library! The Library! Just perfect. My daughters were fighting over it. - Penny
There was even "Hitch-hiker's Guide to the Galaxy" which was most excellent - Caterine.
Penny, Patrick, Catherine & Tabitha, (Bristol, UK).
- 10 August 2013: Lovely cottage with everything you could need for your stay. Enjoyed the bird watching and discovered that the Buzzard up the lane had a young family - could hear the chicks.
The Evisons, (Kent).
- 3 August 2013: Many thanks for all the special touches - we have very much enjoyed our stay here and you have thought of everything! Kind regards
The Viljoens, (Colchester).
- 21 July 2013: Dear Kim & John. It was nice to be met by you both and made to feel welcomed. We hadd a great time & the cottage was excellent in every way. Thanks for everything, and I am sure you wil see some of us again.
Dave, Phil, Fred, Ash & Kevin, (from different parts of England).
- 6 June 2013:
| We have very much enjoyed the garden and warm weather on this our 2nd visit to Park Neuk - the 1st being in November 2011, both with our daughter and young family and husband. We had an excellent early evening walk following blue arrows most of the way, although the footpath is not on any map. Many thanks to Kim and John. || |
Anne & Jim, Richard & Sarah, Seb & Reuben, (Merseyside).
- 1 June 2013: Hi, Kim & John - great to see you both. We had a great week - beach walking, Fidra, Lamb and the Sisters. Into the enchanting Oak woods and pastures of Dalkeith House and along the North Esk River.
We can recommend the roof terrace at the National Museum - great views and it's free! + also Gigi's and the "unusual" garden at Little Sparta.
Shortage of rabbits and so couldn't try Lapin Chasseur this year, (encyclopedia of Gardening page 490), maybe sautéed squirrel/rhino/hippo next year.
Julian, Shelley & Olivia, (Derbyshire).
- 24 May 2013: This is our first visit to Schotland, and to Park Neuk.
A very friendly welcome by Kim and John, with flowers and all! Although Spring is not in sight, we make the best of it, and enjoyu outdoors as much as we can: clean fresh air, lovely perfumed flowers, the birds and squirrel that come foraging, (is that the right word?) If too much rain spoils the day out, we can always come back to this charming house.
Our visit to Rosslyn Chapel was wonderful. Newhailes is a beauty. We had a lovely stay, sun everyday, I know it is hard to believe! The temperature was historically low, but what beautiful clouds!
The best to you and thank you for this lovely home.
Paul & Paula, (Antwerp, Belgium).
- 12 April 2013: Our third visit to Park Neuk, (we would have been back sooner if it hadn't been so booked up!).
This was our longest stay and very relaxing - even though we were out and about sightseeing daily, it still felt like a relaxing break.
We did a walking "Treasure Hunt" in Edinburgh, (huntfun.co.uk) which was fantastic, taking in the whole city centre.
Camers Obscura was brilliant - great fun looking at ourselves through the wibbly-wobbly mirrors!
We also went to the Royal Commonwealth Pool and Connor dived off the 3m springboard! Walks with Grandad and lots more made this a fantastic holiday.
Kim and John are great hosts and very accommodating as always.
The beds were hot as toast, (Connor, 9)
The beds were so warm and cosy I wanted to take mine home! (Harvey 7)
Thanks very much, Marc, Julie, Connor (9), Harvey (7) and Lydia (7), (Derbyshire).
- 5 April 2013: We had a fabulous time staying at Park Neuk Cottage. The view from each window was very scenic and we went for walks and the weather was good. Thank you very much and we hope to visit some day soon.
Doug, Shirley, Arianne and Caitlan, (Lymington, Hants).
- 25 March 2013: We have stayed in many places in the UK and Europe, but by far Park Neuk is the one we are finding hardest to leave. Many thanks for everything.
Kathie and Gerry, (Newton Stewart).
- 9th March 2013: Another very enjoyable short break at Park Neuk. This time we were here to celibrate my sister's special birthday. This is the first time we have had snow at Park Neuk and it was just beautiful. Amazing icicles on teh tree by the front door! Once again, Kim and John, thank you very, very much.
Diane, Ian, Peter and Andrew, (Aberdeen).